Fattening beef cattle is a job that farmers often do. The fattening of beef cattle is good, which can significantly increase the income of farming. So how do you raise and manage beef cattle in the fattening period? Let's take a look!
First, the feeding management method
According to the age and sex of the fattening cattle, the two methods of loose captivity and tethering can be adopted, and the captive breeding is suitable for the young fattening cattle. The method is as follows: 10-20 heads of cows with similar body weight and age are grouped into a group, fed to a full-price diet, free to eat, and free to exercise. The advantage of this method is to save labor and improve the utilization of the barn. However, it is prone to uneven development.
Second, the adaptation period of feeding management
Newly purchased fattening cattle must undergo a 7-14 day adaptation period, and the adaptation period should be:
(1) Deworming and health check, repel the parasites inside and outside the body, conduct a health check on the cows, raise the detected sick cows separately, cure them and then fatten them.
(2) Pay attention to the abnormal performance of the individual and compile the order.
(3) Humans and cattle are familiar with each other, preventing hostility and affecting feed intake and daily gain.
(4) Feeding, start to eat free roughage, increase 0, 2 kg of concentrate every day, and gradually reach the planned feed.
Third, fattening cattle feeding method
(1) Weighing less than 250 kg, feeding twice a day.
(2) The Qinjing well water and the long-flow river water should be fed. Drink 3 times in summer and 2 times in winter. Use warm water, keep in captivity, set up sink, free to drink; tanning fattening, drink water 1 hour after feeding.
(3) Modulation should be carried out before feeding. Adjust the concentrate with water and simmer it, and mix the appropriate amount of urea into the feed before feeding. Then mix with the roughage evenly, feed in batches, and feed once. It is also possible to mix the concentrate into a portion of the roughage before feeding it, and then feeding the remaining roughage.
(4) The coarse and coarse diets should be stable. When the diet needs to be exchanged, it should be carried out step by step, so that the cattle can gradually adapt to prevent digestive disorders and affect weight gain.
(5) Urea feeding method, urea is a low-cost, good effect protein supplement feed. When starting feeding, first give a certain amount of 1/5-1/4, after 10-15 days, gradually reach the planned feeding amount, the daily dosage should be divided into several Feeding once, mixing into the forage when feeding, do not dissolve the urea in water to prevent poisoning.
Fourth, fattening cattle management methods
(1) Choose a strong sense of responsibility, have a certain breeding experience and cultural level, be strong and strong, be good at learning, and keep the staff relatively stable.
(2) The management of cattle should be regular, so that the personnel, the fixed position, the fixed cattle, the fixed feed type, the fixed feeding and drinking time, and the management schedule.
(3) Keep the environment quiet, so that the cows can rest well and be able to fully defame.
(4) The feed should be clean, moisture-proof, anti-pollution, and not fed with moldy and degraded feed. It is necessary to clean the feeding utensils, disinfect regularly, clean the pens, dry and flat ground, clean cattle and fresh air.
(5) If there is an abnormality in the condition of the cow, check the treatment in time.
(6) In the summer, keep the room well ventilated and the air is smooth; in winter, increase the heat preservation and adjust the temperature with the vent hole.
(7) Regularly measure the weight and adjust the diet formula and feeding amount according to the weight gain situation.